For the Housatonic River Outfitters, a site that gets over a 1000 visits each week from avid fisherfolk planning to hit the stream, we designed a site that features links to a full online ecommerce solution with an integrated look and feel, the complete available inventory is embedded in the meta tags, the stream reports are updated daily - a full service website destination. As an added enhancement we managed to take almost all the product content directly from the Amazon listings that the HRO maintains.
Here is the all too boring stuff about how we build our sites
- html4/5 - with css3 this is page markup language we use to layout the sites
- php - this processes the request and builds the pages
- mysql - this is the database we use to store the dynamic information the site displays
- ajax - this allows us to present data without having to reload the page with every interaction
- htaccess - modifying this file lets us rewrite urls to make them more user and search engine friendly